Monday 22 April 2013

Cabaret!

After performing with the brass band a couple of weekends ago, myself and the other two girls who sang there, have decided to put on a Cabaret.
Why?
Well, many reasons. Firstly, being white girls who love musical theatre and sing pretty well, we very rarely get cast in shows, due to the sheer number of white girls who love musical theatre and sing pretty well floating around.
Secondly, because of this, we find we never get any better at performing, and therefore never get a chance to really face our performance nerves head on.
Result? Lets create a performance opportunity ourselves!

The idea is that we will each perform maybe 5 songs we have always wanted to perform, along with some group numbers. We have a fantastic pianist on board, and a great coach type director tutor person who will help us fine tune - AND we have a venue....provided my school can figure out when it is available.

The plan is to put it on in the next couple of months - before I hit the third trimester and need to be wheeled places.

It's a very exciting idea, and I'm really glad we are doing it, I think the audience we get will be super awesome and supportive too as it will mostly be friends and family.

Still - can't help the anticipatory nerves from kicking in...EEK!
Will keep you all updated as it progresses :)
 xx

Here is the video from the Brass Band Concert - I had fun, but was SO nervous before hand, I almost didn't walk onto the stage, and nearly threw up twice! Glad I did it though :) It really helped that the conductor kept looking at me and pulling faces, and that the key was so low I had no technical issues. Next time - I will make sure I bow PROPERLY!

3 comments:

  1. you were great Jess!! make sure you chuck up on the facebook when your Cabaret is and I'll advertise it out to the band (and come along!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia! I will surely do that :) We have an events page actually, when we have the date confirmed I will link it to here :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Julia, here is the link to our facebook events page. We would be super honoured if you could let the band know about it, and hopefully see some of you there :) https://www.facebook.com/events/288191304650899/

    ReplyDelete