Wednesday 1 May 2013

Cabaret FREAK OUT

This bold plan to create a way to face my fear of being on stage, rather than just waiting to one day get cast in something, is coming along rather quickly now!

We have a pianist, a director, and now I have created a basic script/story line to accompany all of our songs. The girls are keen, husbands excited and with it being holidays, I am able to spend a LOT of time thinking about and working on it.

So why do I keep worrying? I know my parents and friends will come to see it, and I know the others involved are excited and super keen, and I know that everyone thinks it's a great idea. Don't get me wrong, I think it is too, but I am fighting a lot weird concerns.

  • Am I taking over too much?
  • Are they going to hate me, but not tell me?
  • Are they upset that they haven't had much input yet?
  • Can I really expect everyone to do this for no money?
  • What if I get to stressed and have to pull out?
  • What if I panic and cant go on stage.
  • What if i don't pull out, but I/the show sucks?
  • What if other theatre people in this town think I'm full of it?
  • Should I really be doing this?
I have to keep reminding myself why I wanted to do this in the first place.
  1. My dream is to be a singer and performer.
  2. I can never practise this, because I don't have opportunities given to me by others.
  3. I am creating my own opportunity in order to grow and overcome this stage fright/anxiety.
  4. Once I have done it, I will be able to continue to grow as a performer, and be strong for my kid.
  5. Sometimes you have to forge your own pathway to achieve your dreams
So the lesson for today is:






No comments:

Post a Comment